Saturday, May 14, 2005
Summer Saturday
Today I enjoyed the company of Manda Davis as we picnicked at Sheppard's Mill Pond. It was a simply gorgeous day and we sat on the dock eating our lunch, but mostly talking. What do two friends find to talk about for two hours? But for two hours we sat with our bare feet submerged in the cool still water, listened to the geese and ducks making funny noises at each other across the lake, and simply enjoying the novelty of each others' company.

After a while, a walk in the woods seemed to be the thing to do. No tame explorers we. Sandal clad and blazing our own trail, we discovered many soggy bogs and spider webs. Manda found what appeared to be a fox hole. (I don't know. I've never seen one.) Then she directed my attention to the top of a nearby tree, where perched a long, black snake. Manda went in for a closer look, but, needless to say, I found this activity abhorrent to my taste. It was getting time to go anyway.

It seems there are never many cars on the road until you get on a bicycle. We could not ride side by side while a seemingly endless line of pickup trucks breezed past us. Therefore, we didn't do much talking on the ride back to my house. However, it was quite enjoyable anyway. If Manda had as much pleasure in the outing as I, then today was a great success.
posted by cori 5/14/2005 08:59:00 PM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At 5/15/2005 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, what a fun sounding day. You really have a neat way of writing. I would call it...colorful. I can't wait for similar summer adventures to happen to me.

     
  • At 5/16/2005 7:56 AM, Blogger cori said…

    Thank you both for your encouragement. I always rather thought my expression confused other people.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Do You See What I See?
I have what my mother calls an "amazing" knack of ...
Windy Acre Railroad
A very comfortable position.Who's driving this tra...
This is the main engine of the Windy Acre Railroad.
Unsolved Mysteries
A Good Idea
Volleyball Party!
The Guy's Table
Little Bro
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win