Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Beethoven vs. Groban
Mrs. Bell is the coolest piano teacher ever! Lauren and I have both decided to be like her when we grow up. Tonight was James’s and my first recital with her. The first half of the players were outside on the lawn with their keyboards, guitars and violins. James went first. He played the keyboard set to harpsichord. It sounded really cool because his piece was really in the Baroque style . Then came Manda & Derek who did a duet. Derek was on the keyboard and Manda played the guitar. She did a smashing job at the end when she played solo. James played his violin again, a duet with Mrs. B. Excellent job.

The second half of the students played indoors on Mrs. B’s nice new piano. Everyone moved inside and squeezed into the living room. There were kids on the stairs, grandparents on the porch and people in the doorways. I went first and played my Moonlight Sonata. *heaves a great sigh* I so love that song. It’s not real hard to play because you can play it extra slow and set the pace yourself. Monique & Joseph Hoffman were after me. They played a really fun duet. Their timing was perfect. A mastered song. Derek played next, a gorgeous song by Josh Groban. I can’t remember what it was called, but he did a excellent job. Everyone, of course, made their little mistakes, but I think that we all covered them up really well, or at least moved on gracefully.

But it was after the recital that it got really fun. Pizza in the dining room, desserts on the porch and sodas on the lawn. What more could you ask for? Well, how about riding on golf carts and playing chicken in the middle of the field with another crazy driver that you’ve never met before? That’s what we did. Dana spied an empty cart and I drove her around the field once. We didn’t have many adventures the first time around because I wasn’t real sure that golf cart would fit through the paths. It was just the two of us that time. The next time I drove, Dana and I drove around a little and spied the abandoned golf cart of our arch enemies hidden in the bushes. Okay, so it was really only that the boys had left theirs’ for a little walk. We spotted a Monique and an Amanda coming towards us at top speed through the field, so we made a short detour to pick up the distressed damsels in our flashy car. I think I finally gave Manda an idea as to why exactly I haven’t gotten that driving license yet. The louder they yelled, the faster I went and the sharper I turned. Aha! There are the guys again! They all yelled even louder as Derek came closer.

And (good heavens!) can you imagine? We went around again! This time, after giving up my seat to Mom while Manda drove, I held on the back while Derek drove. About half way around, I’d had quite enough of his driving me into every bush along the side of the path, ducking under the lowest branch he could find, and switched to the front seat where James was. Juney kept telling me, “Don’t let me fall off!” The cart started going real slow after a while from the battery running low. (gee, I wonder how that could have happened) And since it was going at a safe pace, Derek let Juney drive for the last leg of the journey.
posted by cori 6/01/2005 09:43:00 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Lauren & me enjoying the sunshine!
Derek on the keyboard (playing with Manda)
Derek playing Josh Groban
Monique & Joseph Hoffman
">The violin duet
Your's truly on the Moonlight Sonata.
Manda's guitar solo. (Great job, girl!)
James's first piece, The Rondeau.
One thing leads to another...
An account of a unforgettable event
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win