Saturday, June 04, 2005
Just watchin' the clouds go by
On coming home from shopping today, Mom and I discovered a major hole dug in our driveway. A rather rectangular-shaped trench, actually. In fact, it came out about 12 feet from the back porch on either side and then met in the middle. Sort of like what you'd think the beginning of an addition on the house would look like. Hooray! Daddy and James broke ground while we were gone. But where are they now? It looks like the work has been abandoned. The truck is gone. Maybe James is in the house. I'll walk in and see. "J-A-M-E-S!" No answer. Louder this time. "J-A-M-E-S? YOU IN HERE?" Oh, there he is. Who's he on the phone with? Must be the Davises. He's giving out computer game tips.

Dad had gone to Home Depot, which BTW I have been told is "a man's store" while Lowe's is "a woman's store". I whole-heartedly agree with whoever it was that told me that. Mom and I sat upstairs on her bed wrapping up twenty or so little baby girl outfits we'd found during the morning's shopping expedition. I can hardly wait till Jess has her little girl. She told me their going to name her Victoria Grace. (Gracie for short.) I can't wait. I can't wait. Where was I?

Oh yes, the addition. Seeing that big hole in the ground was truly inspiring. I was moved with a desire to dig other holes in the ground. Unfortunately, my manpower was presently receiving another call on his hotline. So instead of actually digging, I designed instead. It's a lot easier on the muscles. Holding a pencil doesn't take near the strength that jumping up and down on a shovel requires. So now at least I have a sketch of my "tea room" as I have come to call the corner of our yard that's off to the side. I'm actually making progress. Really.

You're not convinced?

Don't worry. Neither am I.
posted by cori 6/04/2005 05:38:00 PM  
 
1 Comments:
  • At 6/06/2005 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Breaking Ground is a momentous occasion. Congratulations on your progress.

    I also agree with you about Home Depot and Lowes. Mrs. HOffman was the one who told me about that and it's nice to see that there are others who agree.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
The rain was like a little mouse,quiet, small, and...
My Life So Far
Beethoven vs. Groban
Lauren & me enjoying the sunshine!
Derek on the keyboard (playing with Manda)
Derek playing Josh Groban
Monique & Joseph Hoffman
">The violin duet
Your's truly on the Moonlight Sonata.
Manda's guitar solo. (Great job, girl!)
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win