Saturday, July 16, 2005
Surprise, thy name is Cara
Last night, I hosted a party for my friend's 18th birthday. I've been planning on it since about April, but because she frequents this blog, I was unable to say anything about it in so public a place. (Now you know the reason for my lack of posts as the date came closer.)

She was definitely surprised. The rest of the guests arrived and we stood talking until 7pm when Cara was supposed to come. She surprised us a little by showing up ten minutes early. All the girls hid by the side of the house while I went to steer. Cara pulled up. I gave her a hug. "Wait till you see my arbor, Cara. James has it all finished." "Oh! Well let's leave my stuff here until later then." We walked her over towards the arbor and just as she turned the corner of the house, well, you probably know the rest. She was definitely surprised.

We all put on leis and flowered ankle bracelets while we ate cheese curls and drank lemonade. I made her an ice cream cake. It was flavored with lemonade. It was very tart. And very pink. Everyone loves ice cream cake. So then we ate our cake and our cheese curls along with bubble gum, candy necklaces and lemonade. Danielle decided she wanted to sit in her favorite chair, which was on the front porch, so we all moved in that direction. Cara opened her presents (and Danny opened one I gave her a little early). I kept hearing the phone ring, so I went inside to answer it but by the time I got there, it had stopped ringing. I hate when that happens. I found out later that it was James calling from the Davises' asking if he could go for ice cream.

Everybody came inside when it got too dark to see very well outside. We brought all the food of course, and played Imaginiff. We didn't make it the whole way through the game. (I think it was all the coffee breaks and stopping to change clothes. ;) Melissa left to go home at around 9 or 9:30. I don't remember what we did for the next hour. I remember everyone watching as everyone else took a turn looking at Cara's scrapbook. Then Derek showed up at 10:00 to bring James home and pick Manda up. He took a turn with the scrapbook too. :)

After being banished to the tent in the backyard, Lauren, Danny, Cara and I stayed up only for about a half hour before deciding we really were too tired to go on much longer and calling it a night.
posted by cori 7/16/2005 09:33:00 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At 7/18/2005 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Leslie, what a sweet thing to do for my sweet and lovely daughter.
    She has been so blessed with friendships!

    Love,
    Mrs. Horn

     
  • At 7/18/2005 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Les,

    I can't tell you how much the party and weekend spent with you meant to me. My heart is full with the love of dear friends. Oh, how I will miss you all.

    For anyone who has not yet seen the beautiful scrapbook Leslie gave me, you'll have to come on over! What a treasure chest of memories. What an incredible, never-to-be-forgotten gift.

     
  • At 7/18/2005 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pink ice-cream cake with lemonade! Oooh, Aaahh, Eeeee! Yhis blog makes me hungry!

     
  • At 9/28/2005 5:14 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Leave it to the guys to elaborate on the food.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Milestone Events!
No, I'm not trying to confuse you.
What's a person supposed to write about when all s...
Cookie Doughn't You Want Some More?
Such cuteness should not be passed over.
A thing worth repeating
Mothers are the necessity of invention
Ready to crash
Raindrops keep falling on my head...
End product
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win