Saturday, March 11, 2006
Catching Up
It has been a while since I've blogged about normal stuff. Well, I mean normal for me. The weird thing is that the fewer words I use the more other people have to say. This could be significant if it were a normal conversation, but since this is my blog, I think it is my right to spout off and say as much as I want without interupption. Whatever.

Last Thursday, Mom and James and I were shopping at the Cumberland mall. (yeah, yeah, not like Deptford, but we didn't have time to ride there) Mom had some shopping to do at the mall and I had some stuff to get at Michael's. (cute little hats for my little amish boy dolls) Mom was shopping in the kitchen store up there, and so James and I didn't hang around long. After scouring the whole store and finally deciding with despair that not even a craft store sold the little straw hats I wanted, I found them hiding in the wrong aisle. They were next to the feather boas and the jewelry-making stuff. (???) Mission accomplished, we had lots of time to blow before Mom would be ready.

Marshalls provided the nearest entrance to the mall. I had been looking to replace those little earrings I had lost one of, (you remember, the cute dangly ones?) I dragged James all the way through the mall looking for two stores. Icings, which we found, unbelievably carried the elusive earrings!! Excitement! Joy! I had failed to bring any cash with me and wasn't about to write a check for $4.50. Disappointment. Downcastedness. Oh well. I hid them behind a hundred other pairs so I wouldn't be able to find them next time I came, and headed out to meet James, who has never come in with me since the day I forced him along in Deptford. We never found the other store we were looking for; they must only have them at Deptford. I did notice that the game store is missing! Curses! There used to be a shop that sold board games just outside of Boscov's next to the coffee beanery. (how do you spell beanery?)

Having gone all over the mall, not finding anything else interesting to look at (except through the window of DEB), we made our way back to Mom who was nearly ready to leave. There was some question at the register as to the price of one item, but I took down the sign that said they were on sale and brought it to the front so the woman could see it. Then of course, I put it back and we left. James loaded the stuff in the back of the car and Mom drove us to Staples, where James could look for his needed items. I sat in the car.

By this time, I was tired of walking. Just let me sit here a minute and I'll be ready to tackle Walmart.

The phone rang.

Not my phone. My mom had left hers in the car. I picked it up and heard a familiar voice on the other end. "Hi Leslie! This is Danielle."

She was calling to get together the next day and bring over some dresses for me to alter for Rachel's flower girls. "Sure, I'd be more than happy to work on putting sleeves into already-extremely-cute little dresses." Or something like that.
posted by cori 3/11/2006 07:25:00 AM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
And what was your day like?
I. Am. Really. Bored.Knitting gets boring after a ...
Spontaneity Is Good
The Wonders of Modern Technology
Spring is in the Air

Tagged! I was sure I would escape!
wow. it's a milestonious event.
Women's Curling?
cReAtIvE iDeAs
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win