Saturday, June 11, 2005
Wow! I missed a day. Hmm. It feels good to miss a day. No wonder people do it so much. Well, even though it feels great, I will try to restrain myself and blog today.

Yesterday was one of those days. It was 7:15 and we were already in the car and on the way to Williamstown. As we got in the car, Mom handed me her coffee to hold while she shifted into gear. I inhaled deeply. I love the smell of hot coffee on a chilly morning. You know that smell? It's the same one that's there on an early morning car trip. It's still cold in the car and your senses aren't quite clear, but you definitely feel the cold and smell the coffee. I don't think coffee ever smells so good.

Another thing I love is shopping with my mom. Just the two of us. It's kind of like a girl's night out, except that it's not night and it's a little less wild. But we do sometimes turn the music way up. :) I love to sit and watch the world go by as we discuss the different facets of life. Things like what my sister's gonna do when her baby girl learns to talk, or recount the events of a visit from the Davises. Williamstown is a forty-five minute drive and we get in a good deal of talking in that uninterupted space of time.

Sam's Club was our first priority. And since we belong to a specially elite group called "Business Members", we get in two hours before "regular" members, which is nice, because once the regulars come in, all the little kids are in the aisles and you have to dodge them with that enormous cart that Sam's thinks everyone needs to have. My favorite place in Sam's, well there are two actually, is the book section and the clothes section. I've noticed though that the clothes section seems to be lately dominated by those intended for men. So, I shopped in the baby section. I will not bore you all with descriptions of the cutest kind of clothes out there. Let's just say I spent half the trip looking at skorts for babies.

The Amish market, or rather, the Stolzfuz (sp?) farm market, which is more of a strip mall than farm market, was next on the list. I hadn't been there in a while, so I hadn't seen most of my market friends in about two months. (I spent a day helping out there once and got on a first name basis with most everyone.) Well, my friend Joann, who used to run a dollar store, now owns a pet shop. Nine little puppies in cages at the front of the store! They were so cute! I had to hold one. Joann gave me a miniature daschund that looks just like Tybee, my sister's dog. I believe in love at first site. My mom kept telling me that I want a Great Dane. I kept telling myself that $600 was not even realistic. But he sat there on my shoulder, wagging his tail. It was difficult to leave him there, but not having the money for him, and certainly not wanting to pay that much for him anyway, I gave him back to Joann and left the store. *sigh*

We headed the car homeward as we ate our hot and salty Amish store pretzels. I love the tangy smell of mustard. Usually, on normal pretzels, I'll indulge myself in the taste as well as the aroma, but these pretzels are really greasy, and mustard makes them taste gross. Another forty-five minute drive amid strawberry milkshakes and The Girlz singing quite softly this time, and we were home again. As we put away the groceries, we discovered a total lack of ziploc baggies. Despair! What shall we put the hamburger in? We'll have to get some more bags soon, because these twistie tie bags just aren't the same. So we planned a trip to Walmart. When the guys got home, (they were out working in Haddonfield), we went out to Bob Evans (yes! I didn't have to make dinner!) and then on to Walmart, where we promptly forgot about the ziploc baggies until we were already through the checkout line. The need for ziplocs suddenly became endurable, because after probably an hour in the store, no one wanted to go back in to get them.

Being Friday, we watched our weekly movie before going to bed. It was called Flight of the Pheonix, but I don't recommend it and I probably won't watch it again myself.

So anyway! (I always write that in Lauren-accent, though I know you can't read the sound.) Have a great day and happy blog surfing!
posted by cori 6/11/2005 08:05:00 AM  
 
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
7:26pm "Oh, they're here! What are they doing?""Th...
This was not my idea!
Letting my imagination run away with me
Let's just chat for a while, shall we?
Sundays are awful nice
Just watchin' the clouds go by
The rain was like a little mouse,quiet, small, and...
My Life So Far
Beethoven vs. Groban
Lauren & me enjoying the sunshine!
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win