Thursday, August 11, 2005
A fair prospect
I always was horrible at keeping secrets. Well, actually, I can keep them very well if I'm not called on to say anything. Though it's not a secret really, this is my reason for not blogging lately. I just don't like to tell stuff that's not settled yet.

Now, after that confusing little narrative, I suppose you're wondering what I could possibly have to say that's so secretive? (Even though it's not really a secret?) I'm planning to head out to ATI headquarters next month. Rather sudden some of you may think. Well, it would be if you had no knowledge that such a plan was in the making. But I suppose it is somewhat sudden, seeing as how last month I had no notion of such a plan, and this month I am in the middle of making preparations.

And these preparations are numerous and unorganized. (Was I ever organized?) From the moment we decided to pursue volunteering to work on staff at HQ, a million things have been running through my mind. Finishing Dad's website before I leave; teaching James how to clean a bathtub; getting my jaw fixed so I can open it again; teaching Manda the basics of algebra (never knew how hard it could be to explain something that seems so simple to me now to someone who has never seen a y that equals an x, but then I remember learning it myself. Oh! the frustration! the tears that flowed when I would get angry with myself for not understanding what seemed so simple to the teacher!); overhauling my wardrobe; etc. And for those of you who know the interest I take in clothing style, you know that, for me, trying to pull this year's fall fashions into a navy and white atmosphere is a difficult thing indeed.

So off we went to the store.

With a list in hand, I shopped for shoes. I shopped for jackets. And I shopped for fabric. I know some people wonder why on earth I like to sew so much. Could I sum it up by telling you that I'd rather pay $2 for a yard of fabric and make the new shirt than go to the store and pay $29.99 for the same shirt at Macy's? Besides, everyone must wear my size clothes, because I never can find them. Mom and I went to the mall last week on purpose to shop for clothes. Would you believe I didn't find a single thing? Not anything! *sigh* It's so exasperrating!

On our way home from shopping yesterday, Dad called the cell phone and asked if we'd rather have dinner at home, or go to the Salem County Fair and eat there? Oh fun! So when he got home and decided that our kitchen light was broken, (I could write an on-going saga about that light. It's been out for two weeks now. Try washing dishes in the dark.) we headed out towards Cowtown.

There weren't any rides at the fair, which was rather disappointing because I was looking forward to one particular ride called the Scrambler. (We've got to find one of those rides, Mom. We could set it up in the backyard! You think?) But it was fun to walk around and look at the 4-H displays and see the different shops set up that sold everything from baby toys, to jewelry, to log cabin homes, to sno-cones. I love sno-cones! I got a cherry one. They're kinda hard to eat after a while because it's in a paper cone, and you have to tip it up just right to get the ice to slide down without hitting you in the nose. :)

Daddy bought me a dozen roses from a fellow selling them at the fair. They are so pretty! Kind of a purpley-mauve color. And they opened up beautifully when I put them in water.



So, that's what I've been doing lately. Guess I'll update you with more as it happens.
posted by cori 8/11/2005 12:30:00 PM  
 
5 Comments:
  • At 8/11/2005 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Les,
    I have been wondering all week about how on earth we will manage our visits together if you're at HQ and I'm in Texas. We simply must work this out. Living far away will be bad enough, but not seeing you on my return trips to Jersey would be awful.

    The roses are absolutely beautiful. I've never seen roses of that particular color before.

    Although I check your blog on a daily basis now, after you leave, I'll be an even more faithful reader.

    Bunches of love!

     
  • At 8/12/2005 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    w0w! So you're working at HQ! have fun!

     
  • At 8/12/2005 9:30 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Hi Leah! Glad to see you found me online!

    You know, re-reading this post, it strikes me as a wonder that anyone is able to make sense of anything I say.

     
  • At 8/16/2005 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cori: We all know you so that makes it easier, but then too, we all have rambled on without stopping to make things clear or concise. Now don't think that I am calling your post an unlear, non-concise rambling (per se :) I'm just simply commenting.

     
  • At 9/28/2005 5:46 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Per se? Are you insinuating without actually saying?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Ice cream again? It's getting to be a habit.
Y'all ready to go?
Brief and to the Point
Second blogging of the day
In Preparation for a Memorable Event
Sew... guess what I've been up to?
Totally have to catch up on events here
Sundays are long. (what a descriptive word.)
Sew... guess what I've been up to?
Saturdays are cool. (what a profound statement.)
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win