Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Is this working???
The last couple days have been rather a blank. Not that I don't remember them. On the contrary, I was scheduled to have two wisdom teeth extracted on Monday, and that certainly made it memorable enough. Tuesday was unforgettable as well. You know how it feels to be really, really carsick? Imagine being like that all day, without involving a car. I slept most of yesterday afternoon, either on the couch or on my bed.

Today, you'll be glad to hear (because who wants to hear me complain, right?) that I'm much better. Still haven't found that unfortunate splint for my jaw . . . serious problem that . . . gotta find it, but I've narrowed it down to being somewhere in my luggage. So that's a plus.

Been fooling around with the new spiral bound Majesty hymnal my parents bought last week. Very pleased with it. So much easier to play. Been trying to work on my piano playing skills, but with no real reason to play, why bother, right? I mean, we've got two pianists at church and don't really need another. So I guess, I could practice the flute again. Or maybe find another venue to express myself. Like, I don't know, something. What do you think of quilting? Can that be an expressive skill? Lots of colors, unique designs, I think I could go with that. I've done lots in the past. Here. I'll show some pics of them.

This is one I made for my cousin for Christmas a while back. His room is all in black and white and so I thought I'd go with that theme. The design is one I made myself. I call it the Crossroad.

Chris's quilt



This is one I'm in the middle of finishing. My great-great-grandmother started it. She did all the little triangles, and I put them together into squares. I had to get a little creative to make it large enough for a bed-sized quilt. I think it'll end up a queen-size, but I'm not sure. I'll have to double-check again. This is called the Irish Chain.

Irish Chain



These are my latest craze. Yo-yo's. When I get them all finished, I'll post a pic for y'all to see. They will make an awesome quilt. Real simple to make. That's what I like best. :) You know me. Short-term projects. Immediate results.

Yo-yos



This is another, called the shadowbox design, that I have started. Gee, you'd think I'd be busier with all this stuff to do. And here I sit blogging. Gravy people! I gotta get moving!

Shadowbox
posted by cori 8/09/2006 12:07:00 PM  
 
6 Comments:
  • At 8/09/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Wow! Those quilts are beautiful!! I wish I enjoyed quilting, that's one craft I do not like to do. I started one a year or so ago and still haven't finished it.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Well, I'm glad you can see the pictures. All I'm getting on my PC is a box with a red 'x' in the corner. I was afraid they weren't working right.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Yuppers! They're working for me!! :D

     
  • At 8/10/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger cori said…

    LOL!! I thought my family was the only one who said yuppers. :D

     
  • At 8/10/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Are you kidding?! Yuppers is my word, I use it all the time! :D

     
  • At 8/15/2006 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nancy,
    Don't feel bad about the quilting. I have one I started years ago and all I have left is a bit of the quilting. It is still not finished, though I did go at it with a will last year and that is when I spent the most time on it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
MusiCollege in Retrospect
Try this out.
Lamentations of a Frustrated Seamstress
Famous Vocalist Complains of Incompetency in Local...
Leslie's Blog- Take Two
UP FOR A GOOD STORY?
Aaaahhh!!!!!
New Pics
Okay thoughts are flying here and the fastest way ...
I know, I've been the world's least faithful blogg...
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win