Friday, December 28, 2007
Can you believe it? I was actually out shopping on Christmas Eve! Rather glad too that I was, because I ran into an old friend that I used to work with at the Hallmark store. I hadn't seen her in about two years. I was so glad to say hi and exchange general news. She looked great. I think I will see about getting together with her soon. I miss talking to her.

So anyway, the thing was, Dad didn't get to pick up all the things he wanted to get for Christmas presents, so we went as quickly as possible to the store to get them. This is a record. Never in my memory was there a year that he waited to the very last day before to buy his gifts for Christmas. However, I will grant him allowance. His shopping was interrupted Saturday when he went. He had to be back in time to receive the Slack family after all.

So my Christmas Eve was not really normal. We watched a movie. I played a little KOTR. We had seafood. The kids opened a gift or two. And we stayed up putting presents under the tree. Or rather, I brought presents down along with everyone else, and James put them under the tree while we watched Just My Luck starring Lindsay Lohan and the ever adorable Chris Pine. *sighs at the thought of those blue eyes*

Then came Christmas. What can you say about Christmas morning that other people have not already said? I mean, we've all been through it. The little kids tear into their stuff. The older kids hold off for a while to enjoy the day all the longer. The little kids get cranky at around ten o'clock. The older kids get hungry at about the same time. And then, inevitably, somebody is sick. This year I was sick. Got that 24-hour bug that was going around.

It made Christmas afternoon into a blur. I don't remember it because I was asleep half the time and half-asleep the rest of the time. But I was feeling okay the next day, just in time to go to work, where two coworkers had the same thing. :-P Not fun.

However, I was looking forward to the evening when I would not only not have dishes and not have to cook, but our family had been invited to the Bostons' for dinner. That was great fun. We met their oldest son, Jon, for the first time. We all sat around the table for a while after a dinner of turkey stuffing casserole (which, btw, was very tasty) and dessert of strawberry cheesecake and pumpkin pie. Then we split up. You know, that generational split that happens when families invite families over? The moms go on a tour of the house. The dads head for the basement to play darts or pool or whatever. And the "kids" sit around talking until nearly midnight. We did a little music first, but then the conversation took over and we sat cross-legged on whatever furniture was close by to face the others and be included in the chit-chat. :-)

That was fun. Gotta do that again sometime.
posted by cori 12/28/2007 07:30:00 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Can you say "over-exertion"?
Oh—my soul! That was—so much fun!For months now, I...
Waterfalls
Got a minute?
A Trip to Dodge City
In Search of a Fairytale
Utter Nothingness
Welcome back to my little world!
A Whole 'Nother Language
a.k.a.
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win