Monday, January 07, 2008
Quick update:
So of all unfortunate things, I go to work last Wednesday and injure myself. I’ve walked across that road nearly every day for the past year without mishap, but that day I fell flat on my back and thought I’d broken something for sure. It hurt so bad I didn’t want to walk and asked my boss if I could go home. She of course, said no. I had to go to the hospital. It had happened at work, so I had to have xrays and the whole works. So I called my mom and she and my dad came to work. Mom took my car home, and Dad drove me to the hospital.

All I had really wanted was to lie down. Instead they made me wait in a waiting room chair. What is it with doctor people? Can’t they understand that you’re there for some reason related to injury? And you really don’t want to wait for paperwork? *sigh*

So they told me I hadn’t broken anything, just bruised my tailbone. They gave me a copy of the xrays to take to my chiropractor and gave me some pain killer prescriptions. And I finally went home after three and a half hours. The doctor said I could go back to work the next day, but not to take the meds before driving.

So I took them after I got to work. They were supposed to work for four hours. It did say that it might cause dizziness, but geez! I thought my head was going to fall off! Is that what a hangover feels like? OMS! The lights were brighter. The noises were louder. I could feel the footsteps of people walking around me, and two coworkers finally insisted on driving me home. Where I lay on the couch for two hours watching a movie because the dumb medication wore off about a half an hour later.

The next day I was smarter. I took Advil. Three before I left for work. And I was fine all day.

Saturday I was not so smart. I went grocery shopping. Pushing a cart and walking for an hour only aggravated the inflammation that was hovering in my lower back. I’m afraid I made for poor company when Jbear invited Daniel for dinner that night. But I watched the boys battle it out on the Xbox. Then listened to them play their violins, which I personally consider a treat. :-)

Sunday, I was determined to sit in church for the whole service, as I was supposed to sing Mary Did You Know? for special music. I would’ve put it off, but Daniel was my accompaniment and Mr. Gatto would have been disappointed I know. :-) Plus, I like to sing, so why put it off?

So today, of course, is Monday. I am back at work. Still on Advil. Not getting better really, but staying the same is better than getting worse. The chiropractor says I’m not broken permanently, and that I just need to let my back heal on its own, doing what I can to speed the process.

So for those of you praying for me, I appreciate it. Really a whole lot.

An added difficulty to this whole thing is that I have very few pairs of shoes that are not high heeled. Those that I can wear are either sneakers, or really old and rather worn looking. I have a few flats that are nice, but they’re all black. *sigh* I’m just going to have to go to the mall and buy new shoes. :-(
posted by cori 1/07/2008 06:42:00 PM  
 
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
That's what I get for being related...
Easily Satisfied
Can you believe it? I was actually out shopping on...
Can you say "over-exertion"?
Oh—my soul! That was—so much fun!For months now, I...
Waterfalls
Got a minute?
A Trip to Dodge City
In Search of a Fairytale
Utter Nothingness
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win