Sunday, May 29, 2005
Sleeping Beauty???
One thing not to do at a sleepover is sleep. It's called a "sleep over" because you stay up all night and then since you're so tired you have to carry your sleep over for the next few days. Right? Whatever.

Slumber parties are great. I haven't had one in a while. (I think after you hit 20, people think you're too old for fun or something.) The Davis girls asked me over last night. It was so much fun!!! After we finished standing around not knowing what to do first, Danny suggested a game of Uno. It wasn't really Uno. It was the kind where you push the button and all the cards come spitting out at you, but I can't remember what it's called. But I digress. Suddenly, as I was sitting there minding my own cards, the idea hit me that I ought to be wearing pigtails. Now, honestly I don't know where this idea came from because I haven't worn pigtails in years. I suddenly found myself the "youngest" Davis sister. (I was said to be ten(?) years old.) What fun!
About this time, volleyball was suggested and we all headed outdoors to search for missing volleyball stakes. In amongst the strawberries, those little metal loops are hard to find, but find them we did. Danny stood and held up the net for a while as the rest of us shoved the ropes into the ground. Great! Let's play! I have to say that I thought the teams were rather evenly matched, but not having kept score, there's really no way to know. I got all dirty from going barefoot and landing in the dirt. (Dirt in the Skirt, girls!) We played till Peter called us in for cake. Mm-hmm! Ice cream cake is so, so good. We sang Happy Birthday twice and ate blue icing, cheese curls and orange slices. :)

Then I don't know what happened to all the boys. (I think they went to bed.) Us girls started right in having fun with pink plates, espresso cups, feather boas, lip gloss and blog browsing. After deciding just exactly how many cups of coffee was too many, we watched movies till 2:30 in the morning. Tarzan, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken and (my personal favorite) Peter Pan. I hadn't seen Tarzan before. It was cute. Monkeys, elephants and all that fun stuff. So finally, in the darkness of the early morning, we called it a night.

Five hours later I received a visit from the youngest Davis, Nathan, whom I am now permitted to call Sgt. Juny. (Did I spell that right?) It was so funny to talk to him. I guess not having little kids at my house I forget what it's like. He was hungry. He ate some pretzels. He was thirsty. Could I get him some water? Is that a clock? (my watch) Can I see it? He is so funny. Of course, I was tired, but it was awfully fun. He disappeared for a minute and when he came back, he had my watch in his hand. "I washed it for you." :) :) :) I almost died laughing! It still works!

We had pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Everybody seemed to be doing something, looking for socks, waiting for someone, getting ready for church. Dad came to pick up Cara and I for service at our church. We said goodbye just as they all got out the door.

And I forgot to bring Lauren's present!
posted by cori 5/29/2005 04:29:00 PM  
 
1 Comments:
  • At 5/31/2005 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no! Nathan washed your watch!? I'm glad it still works. And that you took a "rosy" view of it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Movie Review #2
I lately came across this quotation from Edmund Bu...
River Walk
Girls Night Out
A few of my favorite things"
Scrapbook Central
Silence and Solitude
"This is what summer afternoons are for."
Inhale deeply. Do you smell it? No, the aroma of b...
National Treasure- Movie Review #1
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win