Friday, May 20, 2005
National Treasure- Movie Review #1
Very cool movie. I have rarely seen such an intriguing plot combined with such great acting. The music was superb, complimenting each scene without overpowering the audience and detracting from the film. Nicholas Cage surprised me with this movie. IMO, it is the best of his career. I definitely rate this movie a 10.

The story was great. The idea of a such a massive treasure guarded by clues buried in the most obvious places, as well as the most inobvious, is extraordinary. The locations of the film take the viewers to some of the cities with the richest histories in America, including Philadelphia, which made it all the more compelling for those that have seen these places before.

While all the actors did a great job, my personal favorite was Justin Bertha, who played the character of Riley. Riley is your average American guy with no clue as to history and whose motivation in this quest seems to be both friendship for Ben Gates (Cage) and desire for treasure. It seems every time he opens his mouth to ask a question about history, Ben and Abigail (Diane Kruger) always have the answer. He's the fellow who, when the treasure is found, can find no historical significance in any of his surroundings. His sole concern is how they're going to get out of there. While Ben and Abigail represent the historians of the nation, Riley represents the rest of us.

The aspect of this movie that gave me the most pleasure was the fact that I can safely recommend this to all my friends, (very unusual when Cage takes the leading role) and hopefully get a copy myself.
posted by cori 5/20/2005 09:15:00 AM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At 5/21/2005 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved the movie too! What a great film.
    But Les, am I to understand that you feel uneducated when it comes to talking to us? Since you identified yourself with Riley, I just wondered. JK of course! Everyone knows your always right or will, at least, argue the point.

    Another thing, I have always wondered about the Masons and what they do. What is it that they have to keep secret? I hate secrets (except when I'm in on them of course!). This movie renewed my curiousity.

     
  • At 5/23/2005 8:33 AM, Blogger cori said…

    No, Derek, I never said I feel uneducated when I talk to you. I had heard about the Masons, but quite frankly, they never interested me until now.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Creatures of the Reptilian Variety
Today's Thoughts
Great Expectations Take Great Efforts
"We never hurry. We hasten."
Book Review #2
The Last Leaf
Summer Saturday
Do You See What I See?
I have what my mother calls an "amazing" knack of ...
Windy Acre Railroad
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win