Thursday, May 26, 2005
Girls Night Out
There's no fun like girlfriend-fun.

This was an evening I will look back on with pleasure for a long time to come. I’ve never had so much fun. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever had a girls night out. I go to lunch with my mom and we spend the day shopping sometimes, but we’re always so beat by 3 o’clock.

But last night was fun. Lauren called me at 1:30 or so to ask if I’d like to go with her and her sisters to dinner. (Silly question, right?) Of course! I’d love to go! She picked me up at 4:45 and we four rode up to Deptford amidst much laughter and music. I love to turn the music up really loud and sing my heart out. This was an opportunity to do so. I remember one song with a piano and violin that was really pretty, but I never heard the words for the music. :)
The Olive Garden was the restaurant of choice. Believe it or not, I’d never been to the Olive Garden. Many times I’ve tried and been prevented. We waited for a little while to get a table and when we sat down I ordered ravioli with meat sauce. YUM!! Oh, yum! It was so good! Honestly, there’s not a lot of Italian food I like, lasagna for instance, (I know, Derek, I know) but I love ravioli. Don’t ask me what the difference is. I don’t know. Dina, Manda, Lauren and I poured our lemonades, soft drinks and teas into the provided wine glasses and “toasted” to many things; the good food, the evening’s fun, and our enemies’ enemies. We laughed so much! The thought of toasting with soft drinks and tea!
After dinner, we made our way down the line to Party City. That store is a blast. Danielle bought us all matching bracelets. Now we can be “the sisterhood of the blue bands” instead of the “fellowship of the blue thumb”. Shopping for party supplies induces so much laughter! There are hats, hula skirts, champagne glasses and masks simply everywhere!

Clothes shopping is also fun. Shoes and purses are my latest craze. The problem I’m having with the shoes is that the ones I like have too high of a heel. (Thanks to that little accident in Dallas a few years ago.) I got such a kick out of some of the clothes that are out there for sale that, remembering a certain friend who dared me to try the “Gothic” style, Lauren and I picked out the ugliest shirt and pants we could find. I headed to the dressing room. The shirt was hideous! It was layered and brown with this pink paisley stuff and sequins on it and these really weird brown pants that looked like bell bottoms only shorter. Bleh! But it was so funny! The girls got such a kick. And the sales clerks got a real kick from seeing four girls walk in all in skirts. They laughed! But I was not offended. I rather thought it funny that they thought it funny.

Barnes & Noble. *sigh* I think I’ve already let everyone know how much I love good books, but now let me tell you about coffee. Starbucks is the bomb. After shopping through books and music for a while, we hit the coffee shop. You know the one, where they call a small cup a “tall”? Manda and I sat perusing the bridal catalogs on one side of the table while Dina and Lauren sat on the opposite side with their magazines.

We stopped at Wawa on the way home, where Dina completed the evening with a bag of Swedish fish! So good! I didn’t get to sleep last night until 12:30. Oh, yes, they got me home before then, but the coffee and candy and fun didn’t wear off right away. ;)
posted by cori 5/26/2005 07:19:00 AM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At 5/26/2005 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it relly was a day to remember! you were so much fun! i never would have guest you love to listen to music so loud~ yes! you fit in perfectly. The music on the ride home was incredible. "Ella Enchanted" was great- and the louder it is the better we sound singing!!!! (grin)
    we will so have to go out again.
    party city was so cool.
    But to let you all know that it is Les that we have to keep a close eye on. She really is a piece of work at B&N. Walking past...the..boys....

    Just kidding girl! you know i love you, and really did it for YOUR BENEFIT!!!! hahaha

    danny

     
  • At 5/26/2005 9:12 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Oh yeah RIGHT! I give you all the credit of that swift change of course.

     
  • At 5/27/2005 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    john: i should hope not! Ha ha.

    Les: Ha ha ha ha! I can't stop laughing thinking of you dressed up like that! Hilarious!

     
  • At 5/27/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger cori said…

    *stifles her laughter with great effort*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
A few of my favorite things"
Scrapbook Central
Silence and Solitude
"This is what summer afternoons are for."
Inhale deeply. Do you smell it? No, the aroma of b...
National Treasure- Movie Review #1
Creatures of the Reptilian Variety
Today's Thoughts
Great Expectations Take Great Efforts
"We never hurry. We hasten."
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win