Tuesday, June 14, 2005
My train of thought does find itself hijacked sometimes
Dear me! this day seems to stretch on and on. There are days in which the 24 hours do not seem long enough to accomplish all that is needed, and then there are days when we try to kill time by boring it to death. Perhaps it is only that I have spent the day indoors. I get enough of that in the winter time, when the sun goes to sleep at four in the afternoon. But I think that summertime was invented for us to spend time outside in the sunshine and wind.

I spent the day amid books. Not just one book. That would have been too much for me. But many books. And not just books, but different sewing tasks that I have going presently. It's too hot to be quilting or crocheting anything, but smaller stuff is good to work on during a warm summer day when there are no very pressing matters.

I like June. It's not actually summer yet. It just feels like it. The activities haven't come around to full swing yet. James was just telling me he wished we could go to Music College again this year. I couldn't decide if I agree or not. Last year was good. I always enjoyed the YPA because I was with my friends the whole time, even during the preaching sessions, but I think I enjoyed Music College more for not having someone always with me. James and Derek and Yuriy were there, but they were almost never in the same session. I could be with someone I knew or I didn't have to, all according to whatever I felt like. (Of course, there were times when I couldn't find a soul.) And then, Music College was better than the YPA in that I didn't stay up all night talking or listening to the talk of my friends. When I was tired, I just fell asleep, just like at home. It was rather relaxing. And I almost didn't go, but Emily's bridal shower was that weekend and I had to choose between the YPA and Music College/bridal shower. It made for a busy weekend.

I remember the fellas trying to get me to subsist on greasy food the whole time. That was almost funny. James would've eaten pizza and burgers for every meal if I'd let him. Greasy pizza joint for lunch. Greasy pizza joint (with pineapple) for dinner. Slight intermission at DairyQueen for lunch. Oh! and then the dinner decision no one wanted to make. It was a toss up between Wawa and McDonald's, but, fearing James would buy chips and pretzels from Wawa and call it dinner, we decided on McDonald's. James must've been hungry that day because he ate his own two cheeseburgers and half of mine. Guess I wasn't exactly famished. I remember fighting with the guys over whether or not the little dots on the Coke lid was supposed to be pushed down or not. Funny the things you remember.

One thing I didn't remember was film. I was so mad at myself for that one. I had just gotten a new camera and hadn't learned how to work it yet. Do you really have to put the film inside to get it to work? Must be. :) I also remember staying up late Thursday night eating doughnuts and drinking milk.

Well, my ramblings seem to have really carried me away this time. It's been great reminiscing with the computer screen. Hope you enjoyed it as well.
posted by cori 6/14/2005 08:33:00 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
"Today" (what a great title)
Weekends. They're just cool.
Wow! I missed a day. Hmm. It feels good to miss a ...
7:26pm "Oh, they're here! What are they doing?""Th...
This was not my idea!
Letting my imagination run away with me
Let's just chat for a while, shall we?
Sundays are awful nice
Just watchin' the clouds go by
The rain was like a little mouse,quiet, small, and...
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win