Monday, June 13, 2005
Weekends. They're just cool.
That weekend went by awfully quickly. I think we'd better back up and try it again, slower this time. No? Why can't we? I think we ought to be able to. Well, I can at least recount it. Heh, you knew that was coming, didn't you?

Saturday dawned bright and early. Mom was up at seven, ready to hit the yard sales that we'd been seeing the signs for around town. I came down, not quite ready, but awake. Our departure was delayed by an invitation for Mom to breakfast with Dad at some new place he'd been told about at work. "Be ready to leave when I get back." And away she went.

Okay. I can do any computer work I have to get done as long as I'm ready when she gets back. That means I'd better get dressed and eat first, and then to the comp work. James wanted to go yard "sailing" with us, so I repeated my mother admonition about a state of preparedness to him. We were both ready, but poor James wasn't going to be able to come. Dad needed his help digging in the family room. So just Mom and I went.

We found the first one right across the street from the bank, or down a little ways, by the place Derek works. Mom claimed her treasures, which were few, and as soon as we got in the car, the cell phone rang. Dad couldn't get hold of the machine he needed, so James still wants to come. Could we pick him up? Yeah, sure.

The three of us took the truck and rode around Bridgeton, Milville, Rosenhayn and all the surrounding area, seeking out the yard sales with our high tech radar system that we had installed in the vehicle that morning. Yeah, right. Wouldn't it be cool if they made those? Little radar tracking devices that you could type in what you're looking for like a search engine and it'd tell you where to find them? Nah, that'd be too easy. It would save too much time.

Mom drove us over towards that man's store, Home Depot, to get some wood for my tea room. James, I love you! You are such a cool brother to want to make this thing for me! And he seems to know about wood too, which is more than I can say for myself. If it hadn't been for him, I'd have given up and gone to Lowe's. :)

That was Saturday. Sunday is after Saturday. Sunday was cool. Well, the slight drawback was a major headache all day, but Sunday was still fun.

Derek rode with us to church. Cara was not there. (That was the other drawback.) I sang really loud. You have to in order to make up for the shortage of voices in such a small church. I hung around afterwards listening to Vanessa, Derek, James and Agustie play their instruments. Since Cara wasn't there, I didn't really hang with anyone in particular. Usually Sunday is our day to catch up, but that will have to wait until she gets home from CA.

The afternoon found me sprawled on my bed, enjoying the air conditioning and a good book. I've been reading Ivanhoe. Excellent plot. Intriguing characters. Just what a book ought to be. When 3:00 hit, I went to see the Davises. Nathan is learning to ride a bike. Very challenging task if I remember correctly. I watched and listened as they all told each other exactly whose job it was to wash the dishes that day. We played an interesting game of Cranium. It'd been so long since I'd played that game, that I had to be reminded how to play. Everything from Charlie Chapman imitations to playdough ballerinas, sketches of scarecrows and how exactly was velcro invented? That was fun. I watched as Nathan learned how to turn my cell phone on and off. I listened to Derek play his music on the computer and then I sought those disappearing girls again. Where had they gone? Hearing giggles and laughter float down the stairs, I headed that way. Look at this room! There are clothes everywhere! I feel so at home! :) :) :)

They left for church and Dad came to pick up James and I. I thought something was awfully strange however, when he turned left out of their driveway. "Where we going?" Hudocks! Dad has lately formed a habit of going out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons. (You may remember last week?) I love water ice, but Daddy goes to Hudocks for their milkshakes. I was freezing on the way home. Yep, ice cream is cold.
posted by cori 6/13/2005 11:34:00 AM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Wow! I missed a day. Hmm. It feels good to miss a ...
7:26pm "Oh, they're here! What are they doing?""Th...
This was not my idea!
Letting my imagination run away with me
Let's just chat for a while, shall we?
Sundays are awful nice
Just watchin' the clouds go by
The rain was like a little mouse,quiet, small, and...
My Life So Far
Beethoven vs. Groban
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win