Saturday, June 18, 2005
Oh for the ability to sleep late!
Last night, on account of Dad working nights and none of the rest of us being all too eager to go to bed at anything approaching a reasonable hour on a Friday night, we stayed up until 12:30 watching movies. (What a productive use of our time, right?) (Wrong, by the way.) Anyhow, it was kind of fun. Haven't done that in a while. Everyone had their cup of hot tea. James had the cookie jar. Couch pillows were laid claim to and the dvd player plugged in.

I would call the first movie a comedy, but then I laugh at some things that aren't supposed to be funny. Things that are supposed to be romantic or impressive just strike me as really stupid sometimes and I just have to laugh. The second movie we watched (which was the sequel to the first) was a musical. It was funny too.

The last one we watched did a good job of mixing the romantic side of things in with the humorous side so well that I couldn't tell you in all honesty that I would class it as a comedy, but more of a drama type film. It was a story by Jane Austen that most of you have probably seen and that I have seen many times, Sense & Sensibility. I love the youngest daughter, Margaret. She seems to provide a comic relief to what is supposed to be a building tension throughout the story. I also like the family's friend, Colonel Brandon. Don't know why. I just always have.

So having stayed up so late, it is nine o'clock now and I still haven't seen James make his appearance downstairs. 'Course that doesn't mean he's asleep. I sometimes stay upstairs until ten or eleven just because I've no reason to come down before that. (At times like this, my mother will check and make sure that I am in all actuallity awake and doing something, not just being lazy.) Oh, there's James now.

The weather continues fine. I am hoping to have an arbor finished by the end of the day. Or at least near completion. So many things seem to be interupting work on it that I begin to imagine that it won't be finished until Monday at the earliest. Dad is working nights now, and so, of course, hammering is out of the question while he is sleeping.

How do I end a post like this? One that seems to have no definitive point at which to cease writing? Should I end with a killing quote that is so relative to the events today that it seems made for the moment? Or should I just leave off writing whenever I feel like it and defy all rules of writing structure? I've an idea. Why don't I just end it with a question mark?
posted by cori 6/18/2005 09:00:00 AM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Funny Photos
Shopping: The Woman's Favorite Pastime
Boggle your mind
My train of thought does find itself hijacked some...
"Today" (what a great title)
Weekends. They're just cool.
Wow! I missed a day. Hmm. It feels good to miss a ...
7:26pm "Oh, they're here! What are they doing?""Th...
This was not my idea!
Letting my imagination run away with me
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win