Saturday, March 11, 2006
On Finishing A Project . . .
Those little dresses were so, so adorable! I couldn't keep from working on them, and so I finished the sleeve insertion at an earlier-than-expected time. Of course, I hadn't time to work on them Saturday, what with cleaning my room and cleaning the bathrooms and grocery shopping and being sad that my sleepover was cancelled. So I worked on them Monday morning. And by Monday at noon, they were all finished. I was glad that they were done, but I was rather disappointed that I didn't have more little clothes to work on. (I love little clothes!)

I called Danielle to let her know they were done. She said she'd be right down to get them.

This time, keeping her longer than she expected to stay was not my fault. It was the fault of that insurance salesman. Honest, I showed her the dresses and she was ready to go, when I looked out the back and saw through the office window a strange man in a red shirt, a black suit and a ponytail. I said, "Who is that guy?"

Mom thought that perhaps the house inspector from the addition licensing office had come a day early, but I said, "No, he doesn't look like one of the guys down there."

Mom went out to investigate. He was trying to sell my dad insurance. It's like offering water to a drowning man, I mean really! But he had been next door and sold a policy to our neighbor, when he saw my dad outside working on the house, spotted his opportunity and came over. And I thought door-to-door salesmen were extinct. :)

So anyway, we couldn't let Dani go outside with that guy out there. He might follow her home and try to sell her some insurance too. She sat down and we offered her tea. We relived last Friday. It seems to me we covered the same exact topics in a lot less time. :)

I can't wait to see you at the shower, Dani. Then after your life settles down, we'll have to have a crochet lesson, hmm?
posted by cori 3/11/2006 08:29:00 AM  
 
1 Comments:
  • At 3/11/2006 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure was great to visit with you too! I'm looking forward to that crochet lesson. :) Hey- salesmen are just a good excuse for a visit. . . one we couldn't help but have. :) See you soon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
iMpRoMpTu TeA pArTiEs ArE fUn!
Catching Up
And what was your day like?
I. Am. Really. Bored.Knitting gets boring after a ...
Spontaneity Is Good
The Wonders of Modern Technology
Spring is in the Air

Tagged! I was sure I would escape!
wow. it's a milestonious event.
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win