Saturday, February 11, 2006
My account of today
Interesting to say the least, this day was. I awoke this morning with the strong desire to stay right where I was and have no contact with the world outside my blankets. Amazing how a person can be content with so little. Just two pillows, a couple of blankets and a stuffed snowman.

Sadly, I was compelled to rise from my warm environment and face the cold of an upstairs bedroom. Donning my favorite pink sweater and black skirt and slipping on my new favorite shoes, I trotted down the stairs in pursuit of my favorite hot beverage. What was it? Eight-thirty? I pushed the power button on the computer and stood waiting in front of the woodstove while Windows came up. Hitting the AOL icon on the desktop and punching in my screen name, I stood back again and waited for the welcome screen to come on. (Don’t ask me why, but the parental guardian wouldn’t even let me go to the welcome screen created for my designated level of internet access. Go figure.)

How many blogs can you visit in 14 minutes? I can hit my two, and all the ones listed on the sidebar. And then I got off. (You’ve got to see Boulden’s blog, btw. It’s what I’ve been telling my mom about, but she couldn’t believe me.)

I picked up my knitting and started at it. Purl one row. Knit one row. Are we at fifteen inches yet? I knitted most of the morning, losing track of time until it was 10:16. Great. I had fourteen minutes to curl my hair before we had to leave for a memorial service. Mom and I both had a curling iron plugged in. Standing in front of the mirror and alternating which of us stood in front, we tried to do our hair. She had of course allotted plenty of time for her appearance, but she had not reckoned that I would be using the same mirror and so it was a bit confusing for a few minutes until I decided that I was tired of holding my hands up and quit the room. Grabbing my coat, purse and Wawa card, I headed car-ward and joined James and Mom, who by this time were waiting for me.

Now, contrary to what circumstances dictate, I was not at fault for being late. The directions were incorrect. We drove up and down Millville trying to find the building. I even called Derek’s cell to see if he could tell me how to get there, but he must’ve had it turned off because all I got was, “Hey. This is Derek. Sorry I can’t answer the phone . . .” That was all I heard. There was probably more, but it wasn’t that important to leave a message.

We did find the place and spent about an hour and a half remembering funny stories about Kay Swoboda. She was so funny. You couldn’t remember anything connected with Kay that didn’t make you smile. : ) Her son remembered how she always fined us 25 cents for putting a bottle on the dinner table. Mom remembered our trips to the store when she would buy the prizes for bingo, which Derek relived for us. Another lady there brought up how Kay would invite her for lunch and make those salads with the veggies chopped up into miniscule pieces. Mrs. Davis remembered having her down with Dorothy for tea in the summertime. There were two ladies from the assisted living place that told how the two of them would dress up in their coats and hats with the netting and feathers on them just to run down to the drugstore for something.

After the closing prayer (*big grin*), I met Dick and his sons and wife. Mom stood talking with them for a while. I said hello to Manda and Andrea. We talked shoes and purses for a while until they left. Then Aunt Garnie and Uncle Sam left and we followed suit shortly thereafter.
Had some errands to run at Walmart, but since we didn’t feel like shopping at the Millville branch, we headed home. Ate lunch. Played games. Decided to go to Pennsville. Watched the weather report. Looked at the sky. Decided not to go. Gathered wood on the porch. Remembered the last time the weatherman predicted ten inches. Decided we’d better go. Got in the car. Called Dad. Got excited about a deer running in front of the car. Spilled tea cup. Made a mess. Cleaned it up. Pulled into Walmart. Shopped. Tried on clothes. Shopped some more. Bought a new skirt. Left the store. Rode home. Listened to music. Made tea. Knitted sweater. Watched a movie. Ate dinner. Talked to Jess. Convinced her that the new keyboard James bought was really him playing. *hehehe* Blogged.

I could go on, but I really haven’t decided what to do next. I’m rather tired of knitting.
posted by cori 2/11/2006 07:26:00 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
guess what?
Smile. It confuses people.
The Trumpet Shall Sound
Earnest Endeavors
This is too fun!
Fighting With A 5-Year-Old
In Pursuit of Legal Addictive Stimulants and Intel...
Driving Safely 101
What would this be? like part two or something? I ...
Lacking a more creative title, I will call this po...
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win