Thursday, September 22, 2005
What a fun group of girls!
Last evening after work, I attended Spanish class and learned how to say "y'all" to the President. (Nevermind, it would take forever to explain.) Then, since Brittany actually made it to class this week, and since I was planning to be at her apartment building later in the evening, she walked home with me so I could change and I then walked home with her. We had pink lemonade and pizza chips at her house while we read a book that should, by rights of interest level, be entitled A Brief History of Time. Then seven o'clock rolled around. She was supposed to go putt-putting and Starbucking with another group of girls and I was scheduled for dinner in an apartment two floors above.

Ruthann. I knew I knew her face. For two weeks I've been looking at her thinking,"Surely I have met her somewhere before." But the only other Ruthann I could think of was three or four years younger than me. So when she asked me about my life story, and I related all the places I've lived, and she asked where in Florida, and I said Tampa, and she said she lived in Tampa, I said, "Oh! That's where I know you from!" She said, "Did you work the CI in '99?" (Boy, she's got a good memory!) She had been wondering why I looked so familiar to her. I bet if I sat down and talked long enough with the people around here that look familiar, I'd find out that I've met every single one of them before.

So anyway, Ruthann and Melinda live in a little apartment together and invited us for dinner. Melinda made this scrumptious manicotti, which I am going to learn how to make on Saturday, and Ruthann made caesar salad. Oh it was so delicious! Then afterwards, we had Toffeenut Coffee and ice cream with peach cobbler. (I am so getting the recipe for their cobbler. It is the best stuff I have ever had!) We sat and talked and laughed and sipped and ate and had lots of fun. I so enjoyed getting to know these two girls. Deb is such a hoot! She is so funny, and reminds me of the eldest Miss Vanderhoff in the way that she talks and laughs. Alicia didn't say much and neither did I really, but we greatly contributed to the laughter.

At 9:45, Alicia decided it was time to go, so we said goodbye and piled into her car. Almost as soon as we hit the house, I went to bed. Didn't fall asleep, because Brittany had brought me the soundtrack to Emma to listen to, so I listened to that as I continued to read the story. Then Alicia came in to sit on my bed and chat about music and show me a book she has that has parts for guitar and flute. It is a book of wedding music and it looks really hard, but I think I shall like the challenge. J&D, I've been practicing Alone so I hope you have been too. I want to be able to play it together when I get home.

Well, I'd better go. I came in early today to blog and staff meeting starts soon so I've got to get a move on.
posted by cori 9/22/2005 07:43:00 AM  
 
1 Comments:
  • At 9/22/2005 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha! I'll bet that the "y'all" conversation that you had was one of those type of conversations that you can only have at an IBLP/ATII center (whatever their called - I'm drawing a blank). I have to laugh thinking about the ones I was involved in:)

    I guess I'd better start practicing alone, so I can do it when we're together ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Happy Birthday to Valerie!
Random fact of the day
Whoa! I feel like pulling on the reins to make lif...
Saturdays are so relaxing!
Much warmer in the office today!
Chills Running Down My Spine
Little House on the . . . well, this isn't exactly...
Feeling Homesick
My Brain is Spinning!!!
Pizza Hut is Cool!
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win