Thursday, October 06, 2005
Saturday? Saturday, Saturday... What did I do on Saturday?
You know it took me a while to remember how I spent my weekend. Obviously, I have not blogged in a while. Saturday was spent in downtown Hinsdale with Rachel, Amy and Brittany. After sleeping in as long as my conscience would let me, I walked to Heritage to find Bree and we trekked to the corner stoplight to meet the other girls. It was a lovely day. Warm in the sunshine, but a beautiful breeze blew past us, laughing as it playfully reminded us now and again that it was a beautiful day indeed.

We went and took pictures by a fountain in the front of the library. There's a train depot on the opposite side and benches all around to relax upon. Rach took the pics and got them developed for me already.

How can you spy out the most land in the shortest amount of time? Divide and conquer. We split our forces and shopped around the town for a while. Bree and I went into toy shops, antique stores, Gap and other places while we waited for one o'clock, the appointed meeting time. We went into one store where they sold shoes and stuff. As soon as we walked in, this lady came rattling up to us. She was wearing tons of enormous beaded necklaces, belts, earrings and bracelets. They were the big turquoise kind that no one wears anymore. She tried to sell us some. She didn't succeed.

To the ColdStone we went, with designs on their butterfinger toppings. Our designs changed when we saw the menu. Cookie Doughn't You Want Some? We did. Rachel bought an enormous cone, not realizing how big they were. Amy didn't have any, so she sat calmly sipping her Starbucks frap while we ate.

Rachel took her cone with her in hopes of making it home before it melted so she could share it with her siblings, who undoubtedly would be willing to help her finish it. However, we had not made it two blocks when we saw Daniel Egan and Matt, who were more than happy to take care of the extra dessert. It probably wouldn't have made it to Rachel's house anyway.

Once at her house, we took off our shoes and relaxed in the hammock out front. The shade, the rest, the cool breeze that was springing up again. It was great. We went inside to watch Emma. That's a great movie. I always laugh when Mr. Elton actually has the nerve to propose. I always cringe when Mr. Knightley reprimands Emma for being unkind. I always cry when he thinks she's been hurt by Frank Churchill. And I always smile when it ends happily ever after.

Rachel drove us home and I had time to change before staff meeting. I really enjoy these bible studies on Saturday evenings. We're studying Colossians and I think the thing I love most is that if I have a question, I can pipe up and ask it without anyone thinking me completely dense. And if I have any insights (rare, yes) I can share them if I feel led to. I'm so glad to be here now. It's great to learn things. I feel like I'm so un-knowledgeable. And yet, it is more wisdom than knowledge that I crave; the actual working-out of the things that I learn. You can know tons of useful stuff and never use it. As has been said so elequently, "The concepts are grasped. It's the executions that are a little elusive."
posted by cori 10/06/2005 05:57:00 PM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Communication Breakdown
What a day!
Corduroy Pillows---They're Making Headlines
Getting to Know Different Folks
With friends at the Northwoods
The way I write, you'd think I like fall.
What a fun group of girls!
Happy Birthday to Valerie!
Random fact of the day
Whoa! I feel like pulling on the reins to make lif...
Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win