Saturday, March 11, 2006
Batman Begins: a movie review
Not really knowing much about how movie reviews are conducted, I give you my version.

Ahem.

Plot-
The writing was awesome. I love what I often refer to as the "Scarlet Pimpernel" problem, which is, making yourself look like a fool so as to throw suspicion. Even to the point of losing the girl he's fighting for, Bruce Wayne decides to "do what is necessary" to hide his identity and keep her safe. I also thought the former-mentor-turned-bad-guy idea was catching. Always liked it when two friends split up and had to fight each other, e.g. National Treasure, Ben Hur, Spiderman. All in the same line. I also like the fact that, while a little romance is there, the whole movie doesn't center around it. It centers around Batman, not Batman and Rachel. Thank you Hollywood for finally producing something cool.


Cast-
Christopher ??? what's his last name???
I love. His features should be less sharp for the character of Bruce Wayne, but Batman needs to have that determination in his look. He was great in this character. Great protrayal of a man with problems.

Liam Neeson
Exceptional. I love this actor. I never could figure out why they wouldn't cast him as the bad guy, but they finally did. He's great! He plays the wise mentor so perfectly that you almost imagine yourself watching StarWars. And yet, he makes such a great bad guy. ;)

Michael Caine
Not the person I would have picked, but pulls his weight surprisingly well. In the role of Bruce's butler(?), Alfred, he represents Bruce's conscience, reminding him that, though he is Batman and is superhuman to the rest of the town, he is also Bruce Wayne and important in the lives of those he loves, including himself.

"Rachel Dauss"
Cute!!!! What an adorable girl to play the longtime friend! I love her. Most of the time, I sit through the movie complaining that they shouldv'e gotten someone better looking or less stuck-up, but this girl takes the cake. Just wish I could remember her name . . .

Morgan Freeman
I just like the guy. He can't play a character badly.


Music-
Whoa! The music was intense! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, and considering that it was broad daylight when I watched it, this was a feat. I wouldn't listen to the soundtrack, just because it's liable to wear you out doing just that.


Clothes-
Apart from the young ladies he hangs out with as Bruce Wayne, I love the clothes. "Rachel" is expressed just by looking at her. You know what kind of friend she is the Bruce, and what kind of worker she is for her boss. Down to earth girl. "Bruce" is expressed well by his clothing also. One minute, the good-looking businessman with everything together, the next minute, an ordinary guy at home with nothing interesting to do. That ninja dude, whose name I probably couldn't spell if I could remember it correctly, ("Am I pronouncing this right? Raz-al-goo?") had awesome clothes. Very together. Very collected.


Action/Effects-
Good. Certainly better than the last Batman movie. *rolls eyes*


My favorite scene-
The calling of reinforcements. That was so cool! I love how he called for back-up!

My favorite lines-
"Make and model?" "It's a black . . . uh . . . tank."
"It's time Falconi shared my fear."
"You plan on gassing yourself often?" "Well, you know how it is. It's late at night. You're out lookin' for kicks. Someone's passin' around a deadly halucinogen."
"Bats are nocturnal."
"Can you drive stick?"
"Nice car." "You should see my other one."
And the ever popular- "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."
posted by cori 3/11/2006 12:17:00 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At 3/11/2006 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty, pretty Princess, that girl Rachel is Katie Holms. You know, "save Katie!" [from Tom Cr.]

     
  • At 3/13/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger cori said…

    Katie Holms. Got it. Never heard T.C. say that.

     
  • At 3/17/2006 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    T.C. is Tom Cruise. Haven't you ever heard of "TomKat?" Geez.

    BTW it's Raz-al-goul.

     
  • At 3/17/2006 7:58 PM, Blogger cori said…

    I know who T.C. is. It was Katie Holms whose name I was unaware of.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

The ShugaBowl
Sounds like some kind of sports thing, but in reality, the ShugaBowl is just a little hideaway for me, Sugarcube herself, to let loose my thoughts and occasional creativeness.

Things Peculiar to Myself
Name: cori
Home: Fairborn, Ohio, United States
About Me: I love reading classic novels, listening to music, sewing clothes, drinking really shugary tea
See my complete profile
Quote Me On This
Pretty Princess Risks All to Reach Land of Red Dot
On Finishing A Project . . .
iMpRoMpTu TeA pArTiEs ArE fUn!
Catching Up
And what was your day like?
I. Am. Really. Bored.Knitting gets boring after a ...
Spontaneity Is Good
The Wonders of Modern Technology
Spring is in the Air

Don't Quote Me On These
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
April 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
September 2011
Cool Cyberspots
Goodreads.com
This site is for people who read, which is like, a lot of people.
IMDB.com
This site is for those that like movies, which is also a lot of people.
Favorite Blogs
Beth Stearn
Cara Horn
C.S. Hayden
Dr. Will
Harry Thorton
Jared Yates
Jonathan Boulden
Katie Stearn
Little Havana
Nancy Walker
Preacher Boy
Shiowei Cheng
Super BB
Tim Horn
Tori's Mimi
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
Search & Win